According to the website, this conjunction is only 300 calories
• 1 stick light string cheese
• 3 tablespoons canned crushed tomatoes
• 2 dashes cayenne pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/4 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like Boca or MorningStar Farms)
• 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin
• 1 high-fiber pita
• 2 tablespoons shredded, reduced-fat, Mexican-blend cheese
• 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
• 2 tablespoons diced tomato
• 2 teaspoons diced red onion
• 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Break string cheese into thirds, and place in a blender or food processor. Blend at high speed until shredded. (Or, pull into shreds and roughly chop.)
3. In a small bowl, mix crushed tomatoes with cayenne pepper and 1/8 teaspoon chili powder.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine soy crumbles with onion powder and garlic powder. Add 1/8 teaspoon cumin and remaining 1/8 teaspoon chili powder. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until crumbles are hot. Mix well.
5. Lay the pita on the baking sheet, and spread with seasoned, crushed tomatoes, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with shredded string cheese, top with seasoned soy crumbles and sprinkle with shredded, Mexican-blend cheese.
6. Bake until hot and lightly browned, 10 – 12 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream with lime juice and remaining 1/8 tsp. cumin.
8. Top pizza with diced tomato, onion, sour cream mixture and cilantro. Eat up!
For Nutrition facts and more information